We love @tinycleankitchen creations, and this mouth watering recipe for Gingerbread Energy Bars is a great example of why... Classic gingerbread taste with some healthy modern twists, and so festive for taking to holiday gatherings.
Festive snacking isn't just for elves (or cookies). Although we think Santa wouldn't mind if someone left these out for him with a glass of milk on Christmas Eve! Snacking during the Holidays, believe it or not, can also be guilt-free and full of clean, healthy ingredients.
A little note from our friend and recipe creator, @tinycleankitchen:
These are super tasty & really easy to make, since I used Creation Nation's Vegan Energy Bite Mix for the base. I love their mixes because they’re low in sugar & totally customizable. They’ve been a great option for me over the years when I’m in the mood for a healthy treat that won’t spike my blood sugar.
GINGERBREAD ENERGY BARS
- 1 Bag Creation Nation Oat Yes Energy Bite Mix
- 1/2 Cup Artisana Organics Gingerbread Pecan Butter (sub any nut butter)
- 1/2 Cup Malk Organics Pecan Maple “Milk” (sub with water, milk of your choice, mashed banana, applesauce, or eggnog)
Mix all ingredients until well combined and press “dough” into a square glass dish. Let set in the fridge for about an hour before adding fudge layer.
- 2 chocolate bars of your choice
- 1/4 Cup Artisana Organics Gingerbread Pecan Butter
Combine ingredients in a small sauce pot on the stove. Melt at medium-low heat & stir until well combined. Pour over the chilled oat bars & place in the fridge to cool again (30 mins to an hour). enJOY!