Gluten-free? Paleo? Chocolate? Count us in! This recipe from Gluten Free Follow Me has us coo coo for coconuts (and chocolate). Using our Paleo Energy Bite Mix, Gluten Free Follow Me has created a Paleo chocolate coconut protein bites that are so "poppable"! Chill them up in the fridge or freezer and bite into a delicious chocolate shell and moist cookie-like middle... Yum!
Here at Creation Nation, we like to keep things no-bake and easy as a protein shake! The creation possibilities are endless and we can't wait for you to try this simple recipe. P.S. You can dip any of our balls, bars & bites in chocolate, which is so much fun!
- 1 bag Cocoa for Coconuts Paleo Energy Bite Mix
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 oz Vitacost chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1-3 drops of Peppermint Oil or extract (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the energy bite mix, honey, and water (add your peppermint oil or extract to the water first if making them minty).
- Use a fork to mix and mash, until it's evenly moist.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet or cutting board.
- Roll mixture between your hands to form bite-sized balls.
- Place the balls on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the balls for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate. You can add a bit of coconut oil to thin the chocolate out - it makes it easier to dip the protein bites.
- Dip the protein bites into the chocolate dip, and place back on parchment paper.
- Immediately top each protein bite with coconut flakes (so they stick to the chocolate).
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until firm.