Whether you follow a Keto, Bulletproof, Paleo, Vegan or Flexitarian diet, the benefits of eating good fats are undeniable and the inspiration for our No-bake Keto Coconut Fat Balls recipe! Not to mention they just taste sooo delicious!!
Good fats provide sustained energy and curb cravings, as well as keep your metabolism strong, and are necessary to regulate and synthesize hormones for peak performance. Essential vitamins such as A, D, E and K are not water soluble but require good dietary fat to be absorbed by the body. These vitamins and healthy Omegas are crucial for brain health and many of our vital organs.
A big reason to DIY energy bites and fat balls?... so they are fresh, customizable and actually healthy! (OK, three big reasons ;)
Pre-made balls & bites are often too heavy in omega-6 from cheap oils and overuse of otherwise healthy nut butters. But with our no-bake Energy Bite Mix, you can make them with water and Avocado, Ghee Butter or Coconut... fats nutrition experts like Dr. Axe, Chris Kresser and Dr. Mark Hyman recommend.
One of my favorite quotes about self care and the importance of health is also from Dr. Mark Hyman and his book Eat Fat Get Thin...
Anytime I feel stressed and fail to adequately take care of myself, I always stop and remember why... Why is my health important? My health is important because I can't show up as the best version of myself and go after my goals if I feel sick, unhealthy, unbalanced, or stressed. ~ Mark Hyman, MD
So please get your good fats fix by whipping up some divine superfood chocolate KETO COCONUT FAT BALLS made with Creation Nation's Keto-Paleo Energy Bite Mix and Coconut Cream from our friends @ZumaValley.
- Creation Nation Cocoa Energy Bite Mix (Certified Keto, Paleo, Vegan and Gluten Free)
- 2/3 cup thawed Zuma Valley Coconut Cream (find in the freezer section)
- With a fork, mix together in a medium sized bowl.
- Roll 12 to 24 bite-sized balls. (If the mixture is crumbly when you roll it, add an additional 2T water).
- Balls will firm more when you chill them in the fridge or freezer for 20 to 30 minutes. Take them on the go to curb cravings, and store the extras sealed & chilled in an airtight container.
Cheers to self-care, good fats, and incredibly delicious fat balls! xo Karen