If your birthday guy or gal is watching their physique, or your kids don't need to be bouncing off the walls, they will love your gift of no-bake birthday cake protein bars! What a great surprise when a decadent treat is good for you too.
The quick, "piece of cake" version is to follow your choice of recipe on the back of any Creation Nation, Protein Bar Mix package, and then frost the bars with your choice of frosting. You can use a chocolate hazelnut butter or other healthy frosting-alternative too.
For a fancier "layer cake," like the one pictured here you can make a small 4x4 with one bag of mix, or a 6x6 cake using any two bags of mix and doubling the recipes.
Here is the recipe for a small no-bake "birthday cake" that serves 6 to 9 double-layer pieces. We used Primal Protein Bar Mix "Whey Hip Chocolate Chip"
- 1 bag Primal Protein Bar Mix
- 1/4 Cup Ghee or Grass-fed Butter (room temp soft)
- 2T Honey (or syrup of your choice)
- 1/3 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk (water is fine too)
1. With a fork, thoroughly mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Use those muscles! This ain't no Betty Crocker mix ;-)
2. Using your hands, form the mixture into a large ball, then divide the ball in half.
3. Take half of the protein dough and press it onto a sheet of parchment paper or a platter using a spatula or small pizza roller. Keep pressing until all the dough is flattened into approx 4x4 square.
4. Repeat step 3 for the other half of the mixture.
5. "Frost" only one set of the protein bars with one of the following: fruit jam, chocolate hazelnut butter or other nut butter, or Frost'd coconut oil frosting (pictured)
6. Chill both halves for 30 minutes.
7. Take the unfrosted protein bars and place this whole block on top of the "frosted" protein bars to make a layer-cake.
8. Frost the top of the protein bar "cake" with your choice of frosting*
* For a healthier alternative try Frost'd Coconut Oil Frosting (pictured is Honey Lavender Lemon). It comes in various flavors and does not have Palm Oil. You can also make the bars & balls by mixing Frost'd right in with our Protein Bar Mixes!
9. Set your birthday candles and make a wish!
9. Cut 6 to 9 pieces with a knife & ENJOY. (Store remaining in a sealed containter, chilled)
We would love to hear about your variation of this cake!! Please share your celebratory pictures by tagging @foodcreationnation and #proteinbarmix
HAPPY BIRTHDAY xoxo