Despite the name "Blood Oranges" get from their red color, there's nothing spooky about these innocent little love bites. But there is something about orange & dark chocolate energy bites that makes our mouths water!
It's an unexpectedly delicious combination that brings the tanginess of citrus flavor together with the bitter-sweetness of chocolate. Simply the best substitute for anyone craving treats this festive time of year!
Our friend, @olivesnthyme, used this tasty combo as inspiration for her recipe: No-bake Blood Orange Chocolate Energy Bites. These energy bites are the perfect dessert or midday treat for you and your little ones too.
- Creation Nation, Cocoa for Coconuts Energy Bite Mix
- 1/3 cup blood orange juice (takes about 2 small oranges)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp ground ceylon cinnamon
- 3oz 70-85% cacao chocolate bar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- orange zest from blood oranges (for topping)
- Mix Energy Bite Mix, blood orange juice, honey, almond butter and cinnamon together in large mixing bowl
- Roll mixture into 12-15 balls
- Chill balls for 15-20 minutes in the fridge or freezer
- Melt dark chocolate together with coconut oil
- Dip chilled balls into melted chocolate and place in a container
- Top dipped balls with leftover orange zest
- Cover, and chill or freeze for 30 minutes