Our favorite recipe of the moment comes to us from Rachel Mansfield who managed to combine our love of oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough and truffles with some serious magic... Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Truffle Bars (we know, we're drooling too). Rachel describes them as, INSANNNE!
1 package Oat Yes Chocolate Chip, Energy Bite Mix
1/3 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
10 pitted dates, softened
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup dark chocolate chips (to melt, and dip the bars in)
- In a food processor, add the Energy Bite Mix, applesauce, dates and coconut oil
- Pulse until well combined and the dough is formed (it should be reasonably cookie dough and very easy to handle!)
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper and begin forming truffles with your hands and placing them on the sheet (should be about 2-3 tablespoons of dough per truffle bar).*
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring in between
- Gently dip each truffle bar into the chocolate (use a fork to hold truffle and spoon to drizzle on top)
- Place onto parchment paper, then repeat for remaining truffles
- Place in fridge or freezer to set for 30 minutes before serving
Makes about 20-24 truffles. Store leftover truffle bars in the fridge for 5 days or the freezer for 2 months.
*(Freezer tip: if you freeze the bars/ bites while melting your chocolate, the chocolate will harden quicker over the cold bars/ bites).
We hope you love these oatmeal cookie truffle bars as much as we do! A recipe we'll be making again and again! xoxo Karen